You’ve done considerable proofreading of your resume and added polish to your LinkedIn profile. But you’re still not getting enough call backs from the prospective employers you’ve applied to. To gain edge in today’s job market, it’s no longer enough to sit behind a screen making connections on LinkedIn. You’ve got to be creative, trying new ways connect with decision potential employers.With automated applicant tracking systems in such wide use, how you can bypass computers and connect with hiring managers we tell you –
- Go Online– Thefirst step to making professional connections online is using career-centric social media sites like LinkedIn. Apart from crafting an attention grabbing profile, you should foster on a variety of web-based relationships. Now a days Twitter is also praised by companies as the insider’s way to get your foot in the door at a company. Do some research on companies you want to work for.
- Connect with alumni and former colleagues – As you build connection inroads to a target company, try messaging those contacts who have already worked in the company to find out more about the company. Once you identify one or more alumni or colleague, build connections with them you’d be surprised how willing they are to lend you a hand. While alumni can tell you about insights of the company, previous colleagues have seen you before and know the value you can bring to the company. They can serve as your best help option when searching for a full-time job.
- Commit to follow up – Do not call every day to check on your candidature and become a burden. Recruiters and hiring managers have busy schedules, but they do take note of the individuals that are judicious in pursuing employment at their company. A friendly email or voicemail is good to keep your name in their minds when they are considering who to hire for the open position.
- Work part time – You can take up a part time job, this sure does adds to your resume and even increase your chances of landing a full-time position. You can put your knowledge to the test and enhance your skills.
Maximum students often have trouble in recalling what they have studied just before an exam. Such a situation leaves them anxious and they are not able to perform well at their exams. Below we list best study hacks to help your brain remember information easier and quicker and eventually help you do better in your exams.
- Don’t just read but speak – Read your study material loud. Research suggests that you are 50% more likely to remember something if you speak it out loud instead of simply reading it over and over. Read your text loud but just don’t do this in a library.
- Draw illustrations – If you find it difficult to remember a piece of information, try remembering it by drawing a flowchart or any other diagram, you will be able to understand it better and faster. This helps in producing a visual memory which can be easily recalled during exams.
- Generate mental associations – It is the easiest method to memorize information. It boosts creativity and intelligence. This method builds a mind map to connect different ideas with the help of visual impressions.
- Seize regular breaks – This is important, do not push yourself very hard on remembering topics. You need to take consistent breaks as your brain continuously runs while you study and takes up all your focus and concentration. This practice will assist your brain to grasp up more information. It boosts your motivation to study and keeps you focused while you learn. You can take a break for 45-50 minutes.
- Apt music – Everybody has a different taste and listening to certain type of music elevates your mood which can help in productive learning. Make your correct play list and relax.
- Practice is the key – The more you practice the more you learn. Practice previous year sample papers or various quizzes, it helps in training your brain to retrieve information.
- Walk it out – Exercising helps in boosting brain power and memory. Indulge in some mild physical activity, it will not only relieve you from stress but also help you in performing better. Sauntering before your exam is an activity which should consider taking up.
Yes you heard it right. Future group’s Owner Kishore Biyani is in advanced talk to buy Aditya Birla Group’s Retail arm Aditya Birla Retail. Future Group plans to consolidate its position in the supermarket brick and mortar business and this move would help him consolidate groups position. According to top sources , the two groups got into a discussion last year but had to shelve off their plan due to some valuation issues. Both the groups have resumed their negotiation in this regard and are in final stage to crack the deal. While the discussions are exploratory , Future group is doing a due diligence for a possible merger or acquisition. If the deal materialize , this will be their fourth acquisition in last 5 years and would make them the leader in retail chain with Reliance Retail being their close competitor.
The Pole Position
Aditya Birla gourp is the fourth largest retail chain after Future group , Reliance retail and D Mart . The Aditya Reatail group has more than 500 odd stores covering more than 2 million square feet of retail space .The group registered a gross revenue of Rs 2948 crores in year 2014-15. The group is backed by High margin brands like Allen Solly and Van Heusen.
The Debt Burden
With the acquisition , group would increase its total debt from 4941 crore to a substantial amount as ARBL in itself have a total debt of 5232 crore in Fy 2014-15.
There are times when you feel like no more doing your current job. It can be due to many reasons such as if the work does not please you anymore or your boss is unappreciative of your contribution to the office work. These things are of common occurrence for most of us. If you have started a feeling of boredom with your current job, you must begin searching a suitable work opportunity on time so that you are not rendered unemployed at any point of time. Here is a four point strategy which help you to undergo transition from one job to another without causing any work related stress.
- Find out the reason for your disinterest:- you must be clear of the reason for not loving your job. If the area of work and profile does not suit you, you must make yourself clear about what you want about the new job to be like. Otherwise, the new job will not satisfy you and you will again be in the same situation.
- Think of Salary and your needs :- Changing a job does not come easy and may take some time. Till the time you get a new job, try to take interest in your present job. If nothing seems interesting, think of your need for a job and the bucks you earn in return. Mind it, money is the driving force these days, never run yourself out of money.
- Do not worry about things you cannot change:- If you find your boss to be bossy all the time and unappreciative of your contribution, do not make it a reason for leaving for your job since the problem may not get solved by changing your job. It is you who has to learn to deal with different temperaments.
Search a job based on your interest:- Try to find out a job profile which is full of activities that complement your hobbies and interests. This way you ll never lose interest in a job.
If you do not enjoy your work, life will be dull! So search a job that brings cheers to you.
The exaggeration created about importance of GPA during studies takes a toll on the student’s life. Almost fifteen precious years in one’s life are devoted to worrying about GPA’s. Sometime, the question arises as to if these GPA s really matter? Let’s try to find out.
Learning is important in one’s carrier and passing an examination with decent marks is a pre-requisite for all students to step up the ladder of success. However, weighing everything based on the Grades would not be justifiable for measuring the capabilities. And this has been taken into consideration by many Job providers as overall personality of the candidate and performance is more enchanting to them. This has been suggested by the data collected by the various job providers which makes it conclusive that attaining GPA should not be the only motive of study as the desire to achieve high GPA is bound to bring stress to individuals which is a overall health spoiler. Further, one may always remember the strategy that ignorance is bliss. This helps you curb the stress and pressure being imposed for attaining Good Grades by the society.
Do not make your GPA a prestige issue. GPA is a part of your student life. Do not sacrifice your enjoyable days of campus life worrying all the time about GPAs. An overall growth and personality development of the student is more important and occurs by participation in extra-curricular activities such as sports and culture. So one must get involve in them. Therefore, you must focus on your overall performance and not just GPA. Your goal should be to find out the most efficient way of learning and learn as much as you can and the world is yours!!
Reading skill is an important part of a student’s life. The increasing syllabus and large number of assignments demand good reading skills to be completed on time. Also being a good orator is a pre-requisite to become a professional in any field of study. Somewhere, it also improves communication skills of individuals. Therefore, foundation of good reading must be led in the school itself and a student must focus on improving the same. Suggested here are some of the ideas to improve your school reading which can not only save your time while studying but can also make you a good orator in life.
- Ignore distractions: For a good reading the complete focus should be on the text one is about to read. Students may make noise or pass by. But your focus should be on the text only.
- Choose an interesting text to start with:- While starting the practice for a class reading, choose the right text which may appear interesting to you also.
- Choose the right speed for reading which may make you realize the meaning and comprehension of text.
- Read in a flow:- Don’t get struck down on one particular word. Give it a continuous reading.
- Make notes of whatever you read:- Read the notes that you make after reading which will help you remember important points emerging out of it.
- Ask questions about the reading u did in order to clear the doubts if any.
- Don’t worry about how quickly you are reading but instead, concentrate on reading the line in only certain fixations.
In the transition from a student to being a professional in some field, one can opt for an internship programme for studying the practical aspects….Read More