Maximum students often have trouble in recalling what they have studied just before an exam. Such a situation leaves them anxious and they are not able to perform well at their exams. Below we list best study hacks to help your brain remember information easier and quicker and eventually help you do better in your exams.
- Don’t just read but speak – Read your study material loud. Research suggests that you are 50% more likely to remember something if you speak it out loud instead of simply reading it over and over. Read your text loud but just don’t do this in a library.
- Draw illustrations – If you find it difficult to remember a piece of information, try remembering it by drawing a flowchart or any other diagram, you will be able to understand it better and faster. This helps in producing a visual memory which can be easily recalled during exams.
- Generate mental associations – It is the easiest method to memorize information. It boosts creativity and intelligence. This method builds a mind map to connect different ideas with the help of visual impressions.
- Seize regular breaks – This is important, do not push yourself very hard on remembering topics. You need to take consistent breaks as your brain continuously runs while you study and takes up all your focus and concentration. This practice will assist your brain to grasp up more information. It boosts your motivation to study and keeps you focused while you learn. You can take a break for 45-50 minutes.
- Apt music – Everybody has a different taste and listening to certain type of music elevates your mood which can help in productive learning. Make your correct play list and relax.
- Practice is the key – The more you practice the more you learn. Practice previous year sample papers or various quizzes, it helps in training your brain to retrieve information.
- Walk it out – Exercising helps in boosting brain power and memory. Indulge in some mild physical activity, it will not only relieve you from stress but also help you in performing better. Sauntering before your exam is an activity which should consider taking up.
The exaggeration created about importance of GPA during studies takes a toll on the student’s life. Almost fifteen precious years in one’s life are devoted to worrying about GPA’s. Sometime, the question arises as to if these GPA s really matter? Let’s try to find out.
Learning is important in one’s carrier and passing an examination with decent marks is a pre-requisite for all students to step up the ladder of success. However, weighing everything based on the Grades would not be justifiable for measuring the capabilities. And this has been taken into consideration by many Job providers as overall personality of the candidate and performance is more enchanting to them. This has been suggested by the data collected by the various job providers which makes it conclusive that attaining GPA should not be the only motive of study as the desire to achieve high GPA is bound to bring stress to individuals which is a overall health spoiler. Further, one may always remember the strategy that ignorance is bliss. This helps you curb the stress and pressure being imposed for attaining Good Grades by the society.
Do not make your GPA a prestige issue. GPA is a part of your student life. Do not sacrifice your enjoyable days of campus life worrying all the time about GPAs. An overall growth and personality development of the student is more important and occurs by participation in extra-curricular activities such as sports and culture. So one must get involve in them. Therefore, you must focus on your overall performance and not just GPA. Your goal should be to find out the most efficient way of learning and learn as much as you can and the world is yours!!
In the transition from a student to being a professional in some field, one can opt for an internship programme for studying the practical aspects….Read More
There are many universities in the world are helping to bridge the gap between the prospective employers and the higher education of the students, out of all those Northumbria is the one.During these days many of the graduates are looking to go for the Masters to get the higher education so that they can get the benefit of that in improving the job prospective..