Yes you heard it right. Future group’s Owner Kishore Biyani is in advanced talk to buy Aditya Birla Group’s Retail arm Aditya Birla Retail. Future Group plans to consolidate its position in the supermarket brick and mortar business and this move would help him consolidate groups position. According to top sources , the two groups got into a discussion last year but had to shelve off their plan due to some valuation issues. Both the groups have resumed their negotiation in this regard and are in final stage to crack the deal. While the discussions are exploratory , Future group is doing a due diligence for a possible merger or acquisition. If the deal materialize , this will be their fourth acquisition in last 5 years and would make them the leader in retail chain with Reliance Retail being their close competitor.
The Pole Position
Aditya Birla gourp is the fourth largest retail chain after Future group , Reliance retail and D Mart . The Aditya Reatail group has more than 500 odd stores covering more than 2 million square feet of retail space .The group registered a gross revenue of Rs 2948 crores in year 2014-15. The group is backed by High margin brands like Allen Solly and Van Heusen.
The Debt Burden
With the acquisition , group would increase its total debt from 4941 crore to a substantial amount as ARBL in itself have a total debt of 5232 crore in Fy 2014-15.
We all have dreams and objectives and keep on working towards achieving them. In our lives, every one of us passes through a situation where we feel like giving up on those dreams and wishes. In such situations one must know that in most of the success stories perseverance is the key factor. You may find it difficult to struck to one task after repeated failures, but trust me, that is the time when you need to show your patience. If you pass through this difficult phase, the success will be all yours. Below suggested are some cool mantras to let go off the failures and progress towards your dreams.
- Do not go by others success or failure story: When you hear of the success of others you may either feel inspired or dejected, and while it’s obviously more fruitful to look at other people achieving what you desire as motivation.
- Ability to keep working in the face of failure: don’t lose your zeal after a failure and keep moving on the road to achieve success. Remember Thomas Addison who failed about thousand times before inventing the light bulb but used to say that he discovered thousand formulas that did not work in order to keep him motivated. One must follow the strategy of this sort.
- Learn to say no: Keep aside the people, who do not want to be a part of your dream. Such individuals bring negativity and distract you from your goals.
- Avoid Excuses and to blame others: Do not give excuses to yourself or to others. Try to get into the detail of the reasons behind the failure. Analyze them and move on.
- Do not be in a hurry:- Haste makes waste. Take your time and do not rush. If you fail then take a break, Have your quality time and make new strategies by finding out the reasons for your failures.
- Be positive and keep your mind alert:- Positivism is a key to success. Positivism attracts good energy and thoughts which keep you going.
So do not be disappointed by failures. They are just another step on to the ladder of success. Keep moving and success will all be yours
There are times when you feel like no more doing your current job. It can be due to many reasons such as if the work does not please you anymore or your boss is unappreciative of your contribution to the office work. These things are of common occurrence for most of us. If you have started a feeling of boredom with your current job, you must begin searching a suitable work opportunity on time so that you are not rendered unemployed at any point of time. Here is a four point strategy which help you to undergo transition from one job to another without causing any work related stress.
- Find out the reason for your disinterest:- you must be clear of the reason for not loving your job. If the area of work and profile does not suit you, you must make yourself clear about what you want about the new job to be like. Otherwise, the new job will not satisfy you and you will again be in the same situation.
- Think of Salary and your needs :- Changing a job does not come easy and may take some time. Till the time you get a new job, try to take interest in your present job. If nothing seems interesting, think of your need for a job and the bucks you earn in return. Mind it, money is the driving force these days, never run yourself out of money.
- Do not worry about things you cannot change:- If you find your boss to be bossy all the time and unappreciative of your contribution, do not make it a reason for leaving for your job since the problem may not get solved by changing your job. It is you who has to learn to deal with different temperaments.
Search a job based on your interest:- Try to find out a job profile which is full of activities that complement your hobbies and interests. This way you ll never lose interest in a job.
If you do not enjoy your work, life will be dull! So search a job that brings cheers to you.
The exaggeration created about importance of GPA during studies takes a toll on the student’s life. Almost fifteen precious years in one’s life are devoted to worrying about GPA’s. Sometime, the question arises as to if these GPA s really matter? Let’s try to find out.
Learning is important in one’s carrier and passing an examination with decent marks is a pre-requisite for all students to step up the ladder of success. However, weighing everything based on the Grades would not be justifiable for measuring the capabilities. And this has been taken into consideration by many Job providers as overall personality of the candidate and performance is more enchanting to them. This has been suggested by the data collected by the various job providers which makes it conclusive that attaining GPA should not be the only motive of study as the desire to achieve high GPA is bound to bring stress to individuals which is a overall health spoiler. Further, one may always remember the strategy that ignorance is bliss. This helps you curb the stress and pressure being imposed for attaining Good Grades by the society.
Do not make your GPA a prestige issue. GPA is a part of your student life. Do not sacrifice your enjoyable days of campus life worrying all the time about GPAs. An overall growth and personality development of the student is more important and occurs by participation in extra-curricular activities such as sports and culture. So one must get involve in them. Therefore, you must focus on your overall performance and not just GPA. Your goal should be to find out the most efficient way of learning and learn as much as you can and the world is yours!!
Reading skill is an important part of a student’s life. The increasing syllabus and large number of assignments demand good reading skills to be completed on time. Also being a good orator is a pre-requisite to become a professional in any field of study. Somewhere, it also improves communication skills of individuals. Therefore, foundation of good reading must be led in the school itself and a student must focus on improving the same. Suggested here are some of the ideas to improve your school reading which can not only save your time while studying but can also make you a good orator in life.
- Ignore distractions: For a good reading the complete focus should be on the text one is about to read. Students may make noise or pass by. But your focus should be on the text only.
- Choose an interesting text to start with:- While starting the practice for a class reading, choose the right text which may appear interesting to you also.
- Choose the right speed for reading which may make you realize the meaning and comprehension of text.
- Read in a flow:- Don’t get struck down on one particular word. Give it a continuous reading.
- Make notes of whatever you read:- Read the notes that you make after reading which will help you remember important points emerging out of it.
- Ask questions about the reading u did in order to clear the doubts if any.
- Don’t worry about how quickly you are reading but instead, concentrate on reading the line in only certain fixations.
In the transition from a student to being a professional in some field, one can opt for an internship programme for studying the practical aspects….Read More