We all have dreams and objectives and keep on working towards achieving them. In our lives, every one of us passes through a situation where we feel like giving up on those dreams and wishes. In such situations one must know that in most of the success stories perseverance is the key factor. You may find it difficult to struck to one task after repeated failures, but trust me, that is the time when you need to show your patience. If you pass through this difficult phase, the success will be all yours. Below suggested are some cool mantras to let go off the failures and progress towards your dreams.
- Do not go by others success or failure story: When you hear of the success of others you may either feel inspired or dejected, and while it’s obviously more fruitful to look at other people achieving what you desire as motivation.
- Ability to keep working in the face of failure: don’t lose your zeal after a failure and keep moving on the road to achieve success. Remember Thomas Addison who failed about thousand times before inventing the light bulb but used to say that he discovered thousand formulas that did not work in order to keep him motivated. One must follow the strategy of this sort.
- Learn to say no: Keep aside the people, who do not want to be a part of your dream. Such individuals bring negativity and distract you from your goals.
- Avoid Excuses and to blame others: Do not give excuses to yourself or to others. Try to get into the detail of the reasons behind the failure. Analyze them and move on.
- Do not be in a hurry:- Haste makes waste. Take your time and do not rush. If you fail then take a break, Have your quality time and make new strategies by finding out the reasons for your failures.
- Be positive and keep your mind alert:- Positivism is a key to success. Positivism attracts good energy and thoughts which keep you going.
So do not be disappointed by failures. They are just another step on to the ladder of success. Keep moving and success will all be yours
College life has many facets as it brings a new curriculum and many other things such as scoring good grades in new class with heavy burden of studies to look appealing to others in order to make new friends. The changing hormones of the body also lead to beginning of new relationships on the campus. All these factors have their ups and downs which are enough to cause stress to a college student. A student might try to figure out what’s wrong with oneself however may be not able to trace a single reason. This usually occurs when a person is under stress. Remember, Stress can shatter your life to pieces. So beware and find out if you are suffering from any sort of Stress.
One of the major signs of stress is disturbance in sleep pattern. If you are not able to sleep well or you sleep for too long, you are suffering from some sort of stress. Another sign to figure out stress is changes in weight. Either you are putting up a lot of weight or have lost significant weight, you are under stress since a stressed person’s is either eating too much or not at all. At higher levels of stress, a person may experience increased heart rate, palpitation, recurrent aches and pains without any diagnosed cause and mood swings. If you are facing any such symptom, then this is high time, you must vent out your feelings to your parents or any other confidante. If not handled on time, stress can lead to mood disorders such as depression and in some cases it has taken individuals upto suicidal tendencies. So indulge yourself in some playful activities and move around with a positive attitude to curb stress.
Students as well as parents experience pressure and stress during the examination period and this may distract students from their goal.
Can your eating habits help you to cope with stress? The answer is a YES.
The eating habits can affect individual’s mood, calmness and the level of stress. Students increase the consumption of food with high fat, sugary snacks which is result of examination stress, and such eating can be counter-productive. Good nutrition diet must be part of students study plan and intake of water soluble vitamins and minerals is essential to reduce the stress. Students need to focus on their goal which requires calmer mind state and one of the ways to achieve this is avoiding faulty eating habits
Beat stress by eating right:
- You should avoid the large meals; instead eat frequent but small quantity meal to ensure calming effect on the brain. In short avoid large meals.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in daily diet in adequate amount. Fruits containing vitamin C should be preferred like Amla, Oranges and other citrus fruits.
- Include whole gains into your daily meals like pulses, brown rice, oats, and sprouts. Adequate amount of vitamin B and Zinc is needed and you will get it from green leafy vegetables, and seafood.
- Strictly eliminate junk food and food with higher fat, white flour, and white rice from your diet.
- To prevent swings in your blood sugars and cravings, it is suggested to eat dry fruits, roasted whole grains, soups, salads, hot chocolate.
- To stay fit and well hydrated, drink plenty of water, fruit juices, energy drink and green tea.
- It is all time favorite and better to nourish your mind with healthy diet plan instead of having memory or vitamin pills.