Maximum students often have trouble in recalling what they have studied just before an exam. Such a situation leaves them anxious and they are not able to perform well at their exams. Below we list best study hacks to help your brain remember information easier and quicker and eventually help you do better in your exams.
- Don’t just read but speak – Read your study material loud. Research suggests that you are 50% more likely to remember something if you speak it out loud instead of simply reading it over and over. Read your text loud but just don’t do this in a library.
- Draw illustrations – If you find it difficult to remember a piece of information, try remembering it by drawing a flowchart or any other diagram, you will be able to understand it better and faster. This helps in producing a visual memory which can be easily recalled during exams.
- Generate mental associations – It is the easiest method to memorize information. It boosts creativity and intelligence. This method builds a mind map to connect different ideas with the help of visual impressions.
- Seize regular breaks – This is important, do not push yourself very hard on remembering topics. You need to take consistent breaks as your brain continuously runs while you study and takes up all your focus and concentration. This practice will assist your brain to grasp up more information. It boosts your motivation to study and keeps you focused while you learn. You can take a break for 45-50 minutes.
- Apt music – Everybody has a different taste and listening to certain type of music elevates your mood which can help in productive learning. Make your correct play list and relax.
- Practice is the key – The more you practice the more you learn. Practice previous year sample papers or various quizzes, it helps in training your brain to retrieve information.
- Walk it out – Exercising helps in boosting brain power and memory. Indulge in some mild physical activity, it will not only relieve you from stress but also help you in performing better. Sauntering before your exam is an activity which should consider taking up.
Dewan housing finance limited has decided to buy Andromeda’s loan distribution , mortgage , financing and financial instruments business. Mumbai based holding company CASA holding holds 80% of Andromeda’s stake . The total deal value will be amounted somewhere between 200 and 250 crores.
Altamount capital is advising CASA capital for the deal . The deal comes 4 years after Malaysians capital fund Navis Capital sold Andromeda for Rs 180 crore to CASA capital holding. Andromeda currently operates in 16 cities across India and has disbursed loans worth more than Rs 5000 crores.
Andromeda is facing tough competition from competitors like Bank Bazar and Loan adda. These two banking and financial platform boasts more than 9 million visitors per month and offer more than 11 financial products with a collaboration of 40 banking partners
Aditya Birla group will partner with 25 startups to enter into new areas of business pertaining to telecom, retail and financial services. The company started a Biz lab program and has so far added Red Monster Games, Torch, Dressy, ePaisa, Mswipe, Touchfone, Instakash, Bankbazaar, Wealth Pack, Cloud Cherry, Faircent and Coverfox Insurance to its kitty.
These startups will align with the company’s core business and would help them consolidate their position in their respective territory. It is interesting to see as many big enterprises are focusing on startups to keep themselves abreast the technology wave in the country.
In order to capture a bigger pie in Indian Ecommerce market Snap deal today initiated “Project Bharat”. The company plans to launch the site in 11 different Indian Languages in a bid to appeal the Non-Metro Audience. The project would enable 130 miilion Indian citizens to access and explore various products on the platform.
The company aims to attract more and more local vendors from different cities across the country and this move would help them connect to deeper cities across the country. In a statement issued on the launch of project the company said that 10% of the Indian population converse in English while 30% of them have access to internet. Thus the company want to join the remaining 20% in the main stream commerce economy.
This is one of its kind initiative by the company and other e-tailers are also expected to follow the suite.
Food e-tailer Zomato has added a new feature in their app by which the users can chat with the restaurant owners regarding reservations and menu details. User can also connect to Zomato executives and can get updates on promo codes , offers and discounts. User can interact with the Customer service executives between 9 AM to 11 PM.
This a another step by Zomato to convert into a full service food app where users can browse and order food anytime anywhere. The app is available in many countries while the in app customer service is only launched in India and middle east.
Country’s top etailer Flipkart has decided to stop selling ebooks on their platform. All the existing orders will be served by Canadian E-book supplier Rakuten Kobo.
“The Indian book market is overwhelmingly dominated by physical books and this is a market that is growing at a fast clip. Flipkart will continue to be a leading player in the overall books market in India,” the company said in a statement. “In its overall strategy for books, Flipkart does not see the e-Books service as a strategic fit and hence the decision of transitioning the e-Books service to Kobo.”
This seems to be an interesting move as the rival ecommerce giant is focusing hard on selling e-books through their iconic reading tablet kindle. This is the third biggest category close by flipkart after music service “Flyte” and payment gateway payzippy.
Flipkart has recently grossed a loss of 200 crore and company is focusing on high value products like electronics goods.
Audi has launched one of its premium SUV Q7 today . The Car is priced at 72 lakhs and will be availble in two variants from January 2007. The company has priced the TDI variant at 72 Lakh while the TDI premium plus is priced at 77.5 Lakhs.The Cars were launched at a glamorous event by Indian Test Captain Virat Kohli.
The company has focussed on a sharper design and futurustic appeal.The company has also added Matrix LED lamps so as to give a sharp look. As per the design the car is 5,050mm long, 1,970mm wide and has a wheelbase of 2,990mm.The company has tried its best to reduce the weight of the car to 325 KG.