The exaggeration created about importance of GPA during studies takes a toll on the student’s life. Almost fifteen precious years in one’s life are devoted to worrying about GPA’s. Sometime, the question arises as to if these GPA s really matter? Let’s try to find out.
Learning is important in one’s carrier and passing an examination with decent marks is a pre-requisite for all students to step up the ladder of success. However, weighing everything based on the Grades would not be justifiable for measuring the capabilities. And this has been taken into consideration by many Job providers as overall personality of the candidate and performance is more enchanting to them. This has been suggested by the data collected by the various job providers which makes it conclusive that attaining GPA should not be the only motive of study as the desire to achieve high GPA is bound to bring stress to individuals which is a overall health spoiler. Further, one may always remember the strategy that ignorance is bliss. This helps you curb the stress and pressure being imposed for attaining Good Grades by the society.
Do not make your GPA a prestige issue. GPA is a part of your student life. Do not sacrifice your enjoyable days of campus life worrying all the time about GPAs. An overall growth and personality development of the student is more important and occurs by participation in extra-curricular activities such as sports and culture. So one must get involve in them. Therefore, you must focus on your overall performance and not just GPA. Your goal should be to find out the most efficient way of learning and learn as much as you can and the world is yours!!
Reading skill is an important part of a student’s life. The increasing syllabus and large number of assignments demand good reading skills to be completed on time. Also being a good orator is a pre-requisite to become a professional in any field of study. Somewhere, it also improves communication skills of individuals. Therefore, foundation of good reading must be led in the school itself and a student must focus on improving the same. Suggested here are some of the ideas to improve your school reading which can not only save your time while studying but can also make you a good orator in life.
- Ignore distractions: For a good reading the complete focus should be on the text one is about to read. Students may make noise or pass by. But your focus should be on the text only.
- Choose an interesting text to start with:- While starting the practice for a class reading, choose the right text which may appear interesting to you also.
- Choose the right speed for reading which may make you realize the meaning and comprehension of text.
- Read in a flow:- Don’t get struck down on one particular word. Give it a continuous reading.
- Make notes of whatever you read:- Read the notes that you make after reading which will help you remember important points emerging out of it.
- Ask questions about the reading u did in order to clear the doubts if any.
- Don’t worry about how quickly you are reading but instead, concentrate on reading the line in only certain fixations.
In the transition from a student to being a professional in some field, one can opt for an internship programme for studying the practical aspects….Read More
There are many universities in the world are helping to bridge the gap between the prospective employers and the higher education of the students, out of all those Northumbria is the one.During these days many of the graduates are looking to go for the Masters to get the higher education so that they can get the benefit of that in improving the job prospective..
In the globalised world, students from different countries in search of better educational opportunities have got access to the educational system of USA which is considered one of the best in the world. The number of International students in the US Universities is increasing by every passing year.
While studying the reports related to examinations conducted for assessing students, it is found that more number of cheating incidences has been reported in International students than in US students…… Click Here To Read More
College life has many facets as it brings a new curriculum and many other things such as scoring good grades in new class with heavy burden of studies to look appealing to others in order to make new friends. The changing hormones of the body also lead to beginning of new relationships on the campus. All these factors have their ups and downs which are enough to cause stress to a college student. A student might try to figure out what’s wrong with oneself however may be not able to trace a single reason. This usually occurs when a person is under stress. Remember, Stress can shatter your life to pieces. So beware and find out if you are suffering from any sort of Stress.
One of the major signs of stress is disturbance in sleep pattern. If you are not able to sleep well or you sleep for too long, you are suffering from some sort of stress. Another sign to figure out stress is changes in weight. Either you are putting up a lot of weight or have lost significant weight, you are under stress since a stressed person’s is either eating too much or not at all. At higher levels of stress, a person may experience increased heart rate, palpitation, recurrent aches and pains without any diagnosed cause and mood swings. If you are facing any such symptom, then this is high time, you must vent out your feelings to your parents or any other confidante. If not handled on time, stress can lead to mood disorders such as depression and in some cases it has taken individuals upto suicidal tendencies. So indulge yourself in some playful activities and move around with a positive attitude to curb stress.
Students as well as parents experience pressure and stress during the examination period and this may distract students from their goal.
Can your eating habits help you to cope with stress? The answer is a YES.
The eating habits can affect individual’s mood, calmness and the level of stress. Students increase the consumption of food with high fat, sugary snacks which is result of examination stress, and such eating can be counter-productive. Good nutrition diet must be part of students study plan and intake of water soluble vitamins and minerals is essential to reduce the stress. Students need to focus on their goal which requires calmer mind state and one of the ways to achieve this is avoiding faulty eating habits
Beat stress by eating right:
- You should avoid the large meals; instead eat frequent but small quantity meal to ensure calming effect on the brain. In short avoid large meals.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in daily diet in adequate amount. Fruits containing vitamin C should be preferred like Amla, Oranges and other citrus fruits.
- Include whole gains into your daily meals like pulses, brown rice, oats, and sprouts. Adequate amount of vitamin B and Zinc is needed and you will get it from green leafy vegetables, and seafood.
- Strictly eliminate junk food and food with higher fat, white flour, and white rice from your diet.
- To prevent swings in your blood sugars and cravings, it is suggested to eat dry fruits, roasted whole grains, soups, salads, hot chocolate.
- To stay fit and well hydrated, drink plenty of water, fruit juices, energy drink and green tea.
- It is all time favorite and better to nourish your mind with healthy diet plan instead of having memory or vitamin pills.
A mark or character used as a conventional representation of an object, function, or process, e.g. the letter or letters standing for a chemical element or a character in musical notation.
Chief Architect of startup India campaign and CEO of Niti Ayog feels that brick and mortal businesses will be dead by 2023. Speaking at an event organized by TIE, Mr Kant Said “India is the only country with a billion mobile phones and biometrics. In the last 6-7 months we have added almost 28 crore bank accounts. In the last 45 years we have given license to 19 banks but in the last nine months we have given license to 23 payment banks, and many of them are telecom companies including Paytm and Airtel. The brick and mortar sector will go dead”.
According to Kant Banking sector will be see a major hit with the launch of many payment banks like PAYTM and Airtel. According to him it will be more of a technology show and technology will take the driver’s seat. Currently 350 million people use internet via mobile and internet and 1 billion people will be online by 2023. According to him “It will all be mobile, telephonic transaction. India will leap frog again. This is because today we are about 350 million using the Internet but 2020-23 there will be about 1 billion people in India using the Internet. Similarly, usage of the Internet will increase with more people on smart phones. A billion Indians with access to the Internet, biometric and using the smart phones we will radically alter the world.”
He added that “Across the world, whether you look at trends in Japan, US or Germany, everywhere is getting digitized. It is inevitable.”