Reading skill is an important part of a student’s life. The increasing syllabus and large number of assignments demand good reading skills to be completed on time. Also being a good orator is a pre-requisite to become a professional in any field of study. Somewhere, it also improves communication skills of individuals. Therefore, foundation of good reading must be led in the school itself and a student must focus on improving the same. Suggested here are some of the ideas to improve your school reading which can not only save your time while studying but can also make you a good orator in life.
- Ignore distractions: For a good reading the complete focus should be on the text one is about to read. Students may make noise or pass by. But your focus should be on the text only.
- Choose an interesting text to start with:- While starting the practice for a class reading, choose the right text which may appear interesting to you also.
- Choose the right speed for reading which may make you realize the meaning and comprehension of text.
- Read in a flow:- Don’t get struck down on one particular word. Give it a continuous reading.
- Make notes of whatever you read:- Read the notes that you make after reading which will help you remember important points emerging out of it.
- Ask questions about the reading u did in order to clear the doubts if any.
- Don’t worry about how quickly you are reading but instead, concentrate on reading the line in only certain fixations.